Our Bespoke NQT development programme is carefully designed to support NQTs’ professional development throughout the NQT year and into the RQT year. It aims to arm teachers who are new to the profession with the necessary tools to enable them to become effective and resilient practitioners and supports delivery of the Early Career Development Framework.
The programme offers the opportunity for primary and secondary teachers to work together in further developing their understanding of:
- Building effective relationships in the classroom
- Managing behaviour positively
- Supporting pupils with SEND
- Subject Knowledge (per se and pedagogical)
- Underpinned by the academic research, how pupils learn
- NQTs will leave each session equipped with a range of professional and practical strategies and tools that they can use in their classroom. The sessions provide excellent opportunities for NQTs to network with each other and to learn both with and from their peers.
All sessions are included as part of the Appropriate Body single registration fee so there are no additional charges.
NQT Tutors/Mentor Training
We offer a range of training opportunities, all of which take place at the Education Centre, Stockton Sixth Form College or online. There is no charge to attend this training:
- NQT Mentor Training: 17.09.20 4:00pm – 5.30pm.
- Repeat session: 13.01.21 4:00pm – 5.30pm.
NQT mentors have a key role and significant responsibilities in the statutory induction arrangements for NQTS. This session provides you with the information you need to understand those responsibilities for your allocated NQT including the support and professional development available from the Appropriate Body to help you successfully fulfil the role.
Your NQTs’ training year has been disrupted by COVID-19. This session will raise awareness of the potential challenges and ways to enhance support for your NQT in these unique circumstances.
If an NQT Tutor/Mentor is appointed at a time other than in September and January so the above training is missed, please contact the Appropriate Body for personalised support.
National Mentor Accreditation:
- Access to the nationally accredited Level 1 Effective Coaching and Mentoring programme comprising 6 twilight sessions across the academic year. There are no assignments – just participation required!
- For those who have already achieved the Level 1 accreditation, access to the Level 2 Advanced Coaching and Mentoring accreditation whether or not they currently hold mentoring responsibilities.
- The Mentor Accreditation programme and session dates for 2020/21 will be available to book from November 2020.
The first sessions in the programme will be delivered via a
virtual classroom and secure access to this will be sent to
delegates once they are registered on a course.
As we move through the academic year, we will respond to any
local changes in social distancing arrangements and make
the necessary changes to the sessions. This may mean that
face to face sessions will have limited numbers – if this is the
case then we will arrange for a second session to be available
should there be sufficient demand or switch to virtual sessions.
We will continue to communicate with all delegates and
mentors with updates as needed.