Our Bespoke NQT development programme is carefully designed to support NQTs’ professional development throughout the NQT year and into the RQT year. It aims to arm teachers who are new to the profession with the necessary tools to enable them to become effective and resilient practitioners.
The programme offers the opportunity for primary and secondary teachers to work together in further developing their understanding of:
- Building effective relationships in the classroom
- Managing behaviour positively
- Developing and sustaining positive mind sets
- Supporting pupils with SEND
- Subject Knowledge (per se and pedagogical)
- NQTs will leave each session equipped with a range of professional and practical strategies and tools that they can use in their classroom. The sessions provide excellent opportunities for NQTs to network with each other and to learn both with and from their peers.
All sessions are included as part of the Appropriate Body single registration fee so there are no additional charges.
NQT Tutors/Mentor Training
We offer a range of training opportunities, all of which take place at the Education Centre, Stockton Sixth Form College. There is no charge to attend this training:
- NQT Tutor Training Part Two: Supporting NQTs’ professional development. 02.10.19 4:00pm – 5.30pm. This session considers how to create, monitor and support personalised induction plans as well as supporting NQTs and their tutors/mentors to manage their workload.
- If an NQT Tutor/Mentor is appointed at a time other than in September and so the above training is missed, please contact the Appropriate Body for personalised support.
- NQT Tutor Training Part One: the Role of the NQT Tutor 11.07.19 or 19.09.19 4:00pm – 5.30pm.
This session focuses on understanding the NQT Tutor’s role, introduction to the Appropriate Body’s new supporting documentation, and launch the new NQT Bespoke Development Programme and mentor accreditation programme.
National Mentor Accreditation:
- Access to the nationally accredited Level 1 Effective Coaching and Mentoring programme comprising 6 twilight sessions across the academic year. There are no assignments – just participation required!
- For those who have already achieved the Level 1 accreditation, access to the Level 2 Advanced Coaching and Mentoring accreditation whether or not they currently hold mentoring responsibilities.
- The Mentor Accreditation programme and session dates can be found here. Book your place via the events calendar.